Re: off topic here ?

DEAD UNIT STILL GIVING ME THE RUN AROUND

I had an ECO 4 80 fail last week on Friday.  I called in, and got the run
around by tech support before they finally said, "Yep the unit is dead."
That wasted an hour of my time.

Finally I talked to you guys in customer service and was told we could get a
new replacement through our regular distributor shipped out if necessary
from you guys red label overnight.  "Cool," I thought. "some good customer
service."

I commented that the customer would still be out of service over the weekend
since it was a Friday, and the person I spoke with said, yeah sorry, that
Monday would be when I could expect to see it.  As it is a good customer I
spent most of the day working around the shop waiting for the unit to show
up.  Finally I called the distributor who followed up on it and said,
"Sorry.  They didn't even ship it until today."  (after making multiple
calls himself to get through to you guys.)

Now why in the heck would your customer service person imply I would have
the unit today when what they really should have said, was "Sorry, there is
no chance at all you will see that unit on Monday.  We aren't even going to
pack it up until Monday."

I'm peeved.  Your units cost me more than some of the alternatives.
Customer service, and reliability would be some good reasons to pay the
difference except this unit failed after only two weeks in service.  Then
you guys made me look bad to my customer and let me think I would get the
replacement unit today when you knew there was no chance of that happening.
Maybe quick knowledgable tech support might help, but I had to play the game
for an hour first instead of them just telling me, "a brand new unit
shouldn't do that, lets replace it."  Strike three.

Geez guys.  I make the final decision on what products we use.  Is it time
for me to look at somebody else?

Bob La Londe

The Security Consultant
P.O. Box 5720