Esprit Alarm Remote problem

I have an Paradox Esprit alarm system with the 626 key pad. The system has
two small remotes each with four buttons, arm, stay arm, door and aux. For
soem reason both these remotes have stopped functioning, won't open the
garage door or arm the system. The only thing that has changed was a recent
battery change in the main unit, the remote batteries are fine. The only
manual I have is the 626 user manual which doesn't even mention these
remotes. Are these remotes progammable? Does anyone have any documentation
that may help? Thanks.