Re: I'm a grandpa again!!!

"Robert L Bass" wrote in message

> "Bob Worthy" wrote:
> >
> >> You need to go to confession.
> >
> > My priest is older than I am, so he would agree.
>
> Hmm.  Another subject on which we agree.  Amazing.  :^)
>
> All kidding aside, I recently decided to join the Catholic Church.  It's
kind
> of unusual since I'm a Protestant by faith but of Jewish descent.

Converting isn't that unusual but it isn't as simply as just starting to go
to mass.

>My wife,  her family and most of my friends are >Catholic.  We often go to
her church
> together and I like the services.  More importantly though, I recently
became
> Godfather to a beautiful baby girl.

You accepted that responsibility knowing that you may not be out of the
woods with your medical history and all? It is an honor to be selected by
the parents for this, but without a clean bill of health, it is kind of
irresponsible on your part in my opinion.

>  Life has a way of throwing curve balls, I
> guess. :^)

I hope, for her sake, that you weren't think just of yourself and that
everything works out fine.