keypad placement, entry delays, and key fobs

Hello again. I've been thinking a lot about keypad placement, entry
delays, and key fobs.
I have ocd and I would go bonkers worrying about accidentally pushing
the disarm on a key fob after I go out the door.  So I've decided to
keep them in house.

My next concern is entry delays. A lot of people like 30-45 second
entry delays. Thats way to long for someone to be in your house before
a alarm. I think anything less than a instant alarm is to long for a
stranger to be in your house especially after reading that a lot of
intruders come right through the front door.

I know a key fob would be great for solving this kind of problem but
as I said before I don't like to carry them out of the house. We enter
through the garage or the front door. I was thinking of installing a
5828v in the garage but was wondering what the operating temps on
these are? Our coldest winter nights are -10 and hottest days go to
around 105.

For the front door which is usually only used for entry I could put a
5827. Only problem is there is no feedback from this keypad. I could
just tell my girlfriend to enter the code 2-3 times to make sure it
works and just keep her phone on in case of a false alarm.

Has anyone else been successful on using a no entry delay system?