Re: alarm questions for DSC PC2500

Stanley wrote:
> I have asked a question in http://groups.google.com/group/alt.home.repair/browse_thread/thread/366b9af13f6986c4#
> . Basically, I'm confused on the procedures that I have to replace my
> fully charged SLA battery (in the progress of recharging overnight
> right now) in order for my home alarm not to "trigger". It would be
> much appreciated to receive any recommendations that you might have.
> Thanks.

When you first power up any of the "legacy" DSC products, the panel
usually "blips" the siren for a second.  This is normal.  Apply AC to
first (plug in your wall wart) and then hook up the battery (observe
correct polarity).  If you need additional help, please feel free to
email me at feolson at yoursecuritysource dot com.  If the system was
powered down in the armed state, it will power up in the same way.  If
your keypad's not responding, then disconnect one of the siren/bell
wires.  You may be drawing too much current from the power supply with
the siren running.  You can then disarm the system normally.