Re: DIY - Sometimes....

Robert L Bass wrote:
> "tourman" wrote:
>>
>> RHC: Well honestly Bob, I don't think I am any different than the vast
>> majority of small and medium companies out there (and on this
>> newsgroup). They all (I believe) try to do the best for their
>> customers. In our industry there seem to be four categories of
> companies...1- the outright thieves (thankfully in the minority)...2-
> the vast majority of honest companies just trying to make a living but
> at vastly different price levels...3- the big, largely uncaring
> companies usually only concerned about the bottom line,....and 4- the
> outright scammers and deceptively opportunistic marketeers.
>
> I agree with you, Bob, though there are proably a higher percentage of
> thieves and scammers in the newsgroup than in the alarm community as a
> whole.

Actually there's only one.  He frequently spams the Group with useless
HTML code and a "line card" that spans everything from "soup" to "salt
water lures".  He's also responsible for posting several really
entertaining installation fairy tales.  He lives in Sarasota, Florida
and goes by the name of Bass.  He's well known to USENET for trolling
several Groups promoting his "online store".  He has admitted to having
"personal bias" on almost every manufacturer he represents, which
basically means his "preference" is that you shop *his* store where the
"service" is shoddy as all too many have discovered.

http://westflorida.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=47&bbb=0653&firm=41001663

Thirty complaints for a small "home based" business.  That's actually
"criminal" Bass, but then, we all know your record, don't we??