Re: Blocking users

"tourman" wrote:

> Does anyone know how to block user posts from appearing on your
> computer...specifically this lunatic with the MI5 persecution
> complex. I have to sift through a multitude of his idiotic posts
> before I can find a regular post..

If you're using Google Groups, no.  Some newsreaders can filter based
on content but they slow everything down.  I use plain, old MSOE.
The MI5 stuff usually comes in bunches so I mark them all as "read"
(past tense, that is) and hit F5 to make them disappear.

The MI5 guy isn't actually crazy; he's a troll.  He uses a program to
generate the content, spoof different servers and vary his aliases.
Complaining about it makes him happy.  Just ignore it like I do
Jiminex and after a while he'll go away.  He shows up for a few weeks
every few months, trashes a bunch of newsgroups and then disappears
when his account gets canceled.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass