Re: Key Pad Doors.

"Roger W" <allucan8@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:868280ef-0bdd-4d7b-bce6-207888909dcd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Jan 5, 2:14 pm, "Robert L Bass" <RobertLB...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "JoeRaisin" wrote:
>
> > Judging by my own experience he may only exaggerating...
>
> I didn't exaggerate at all. They did exactly what I said.
>
> > Not the same as switching a single stage thrower with dual stage
> > that likely cost three times as much - several hundred dollars...
>
> No, it's not the same to you or me but apparently it is to them.
> Bear in mind that a few hundred dollars one way or the other means
> very little to a store that probably sells several million dollars a
> month. They seem to take the attitude (I'm assuming this hasn't
> changed though I don't really know) that making you satisfied is more
> important in the long run than taking a profit on one sale is in the
> short run. It's a lot like the difference between Bob Campbell and
> Jiminex. Bob will do whatever it takes to keep a good customer happy
> and try not to over-charge them in the process. Jiminex will gouge
> them for every nickel while doing the absolute minimum.
>
> > But it is possible that they upped him a step or two...
>
> I'm sure that if there was a model closer to what I bought on the
> floor that's what they would have offered. The customer service
> manager (I think that's what he was; might have been an assistant
> store manager -- it's been over 8 years since) doesn't pay it out of
> pocket. He makes a decision on the spot that you've got a legitimate
> gripe and then does whatever it takes to make it up to you.

You know, the other day I nodded off too. Only I dreamt I was banging
Pamala Anderson. Then my wife woke me up to tell me to put out the
garbage cans. I guess it was better than dreaming about a snowthrower.

> In a smaller, mom and pop hardware store this would not happen -- not
> because they don't care just as much, but because they can't absorb
> an $800 Loss. I don't recall the exact price but I'm sure it was at
> least that much. FTR, they didn't just eat the difference. The
> lemon was almost certainly trashed so the cost to them was whatever
> the wholesale price of that 8HP unit was. I suspect that had it been
> an $1,800 lawn tractor and the only available replacement was a
> $2,500 model the result would have been the same.
>
> What I do know for certain is that they have a customer for life.

Of course you're a customer for life. They damned well put everybody
else out of business. Where else can a nickel and dimer shop?

  In
> the intervening period I've bought several major appliances, lots of
> construction supplies and all kinds of power tools from them. I've
> also recommended them to lots of other people, including my folks who
> spent ~$20K on kitchen cabinets and $8K on tile from HD. I guess
> their business model is a good one. Hope they survive the Bush
> recession long enough for the Democrats to get back in power and
> straighten out the economy.

Its amazing how you can dis Jiminex, kiss Home depots ass and blame
Bush for an aleged recession all in  one post.
  :-))))

he's just upset that Shillery got spanked in Iowa