Re: Bass Burglar Alarms - Sitemap Page 8 of 474

Roland Moore wrote:

http://westflorida.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=47&bbb=0653&firm=41001663

> Is there someone posted something that upset him (more than usual) to get
> him started on this? Maybe it is a cheap way to for him to get and keep an
> archive of his web site?

Nope.  He'd been making noises (to Bob La Londe) that it was "time"
though...  I think it's more in response to the latest Bass Burger
"vanity site".  Every few months we have to endure his newsgroup floods
regardless.  It's his way of burying his mistakes and his more
controversial (read "over the top") reposts (I use a fencing term
deliberately).

> I don't know anything about running an on line business, but having that
> much to pick from seems odd to me.

It's not "odd" at all...  I've met people like Bass before.  They have
to make up for "lesser parts" by driving bigger cars and bikes, dating
exotic women (and animals), owning "full featured" mobile phones,
humongous wide screens, and bigger catalogs.

<snip>

> Instead of crowing here about what he knows, he should be showing it at his
> web site. It's sure looking weak in the few spots I checked.

With 92 Bazillion items, I would imagine 2-30000 will slip through the
cracks.  I gotta admit, though...  he has one cracker jack site.  Every
once in a while there's a "surprise".  I've decided not to provide him
with any more details though (as you so thoughtfully have).  For months
he denied that "his brother's" website was "independent" from his...
and for months he had Bass Burger logos all over it.

It's basically become a kludge site.  In his bid for "one-up-man-ship"
(world's biggest DIY store), he's basically made it a nightmare to
navigate (with many links not working properly, etc.).  I get a "hoot"
out of the "more details" button which most often just "rehashes" the
original link, doesn't include a picture or "more details".  And you're
right...  it's full of outdated equipment (some of which is no longer
available).  But then, hey...  he's only a one man show.  And he still
doesn't respond to e-mail.  How else do you explain the BBB report?  :-)

http://westflorida.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=47&bbb=0653&firm=41001663