Re: Alegro alarm system (from Keith White, original poster.)

On Feb 7, 6:10=A0pm, "K.White" <kpwh...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Feb 7, 9:15 pm, JoeRaisin <joerai...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > K.White wrote:
> > > I would like to clarify my situation.
>
> > > A friend of mine sold his home and gave me the panel, motion sensor,
> > > codes, key fob,install manual, owners manual.
>
> > > He prefered to leave the door and window sensors in the home he sold.
>
> > > so i am attempting to use the motion sensor as the only sensor if its
> > > possible.
>
> > > Sorry for any misunderstandings on my part.
>
> > > Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
> > > Can i get the panel to recognize zone type 15 only?
>
> > > Thanks again.
>
> > Just turn off the 'auto-stay' function.
>
> > You may be able to find a programming manual on "Panelguides.com"
>
> > Hopefully your buddy can give you the code to get into programming...
>
> I found out how to turn off the auto stay in the installers manual.
> I think when i arm it from the panel i still have to close the door
> (with the door sensor installed) so that it actually arms?- Hide quoted te=
xt -

you dont need a door sensor.  you can use just the motion detector.
If you arm the alarm system, exit the area where the motion is and
wait about 5 minutes then return to the area and the motion should
work.  Some wireless motions will shut down for a period once they see
motion.  This is to save the batteries.
James