Re: Veritas R8 PIR problem

I am guessing from your post, the living room and kitchen PIR's are close to
each other, even possibly on same cable, and I expect you have caught a
cable when re-securing the floor boards.

The Veritas R8 does not have resistors to alert you to this type of fault,
the detectors work on a normally closed circuit. When the detector light
comes on a small relay opens the circuit causing the alarm to activate. This
is not happening because you have created another closed (short) circuit
with the screw.