DDM Now - Bob's Griping Again

I wanted to set up a dinky link on a DM DS2P500 so the customer could
select camera views froma  remote monitor in another room.  Figuring
to save some time I called DM and asked them where the IR receiver is
on the front of the unit.  The first guy told me there isn't one.
Then when I asked him how the IR remote I was holding in my hand
worked he put me on hold for ten minutes, and then when he got back he
hung up on me.

I called back and got past that bit of sillyness with the next person
I talekd to, who tried to tell me that the indicator light on the
front of the unit was the IR receiver.  Wrong.  A quick cover test
proved that was totally incorrect.  Then this person told me I should
just buy their IR remote kit.  Great idea if I had one, and the client
wasn't waiting for us to give them functionality right now.

I guess I could have just saved my time and done the card test to find
the target since that's what I did anyway.  It works perfectly.

By the way guys DM and Pelco....  the first word of the company name
is THE.  Three letter prepesition.  Starts with 'T'.  Ends with 'E'.
Has an 'H' in the middle.  Somehow when I named the company I figured
The Security Consultant would be an easy name for people to get.  It
always amazes me when people have to ask me what the first word is
several times, sometimes even after I spell it to them.

If I had known THE was going to be such a difficult word for everybody
I'ld have name the company Effemeral Rastafarian Society of Safety
Installers.

Bob La Londe