Re: Cannot active program mode on Napco MA3000 ...

Do yourself a favor. Buy more than the PCI -Mini. Get a whole new system.
The MA 3000 was only good for a cheap commercial job needing commercial fire
and burglar alarm protection in one panel (where the AHJ allowed it). Napco
keeps it around just as a place filler in their product line up where they
are mostly blank when it comes to fire offerings. They don't push the
MA3000. They don't even seem to like it (since it hasn't seen any version
upgrades since the early 90's). The MA 3000 is irritating to program. It
will be in a series of data blocks and then switch gears to an entirely
different set of data blocks to continue programming the same zone features.
That is just one of its little programming issues. Most folks pull out MA
3000s rather than install any these days.

"dyz" <spambegone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Thanks Robert. At the moment I don't want to go to the extreme of
replacing
> the chip because, other than having its time off a few hours, the system
> works fine. I may pick up that PCI-mini adaptor listed on your web down
the
> road.
>
> dyz
>
> "Robert L Bass" <RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > "dyz" <spambegone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> Thanks for the offer. I do have the manual. One thing I noticed is
that,
> >> after entering the master code and pressing the [function] button, I
can
> >> only reach the "ACTIVATE PROGRAM" display by further pressing the
> >> [function] button repeatedly; in other words, pressing [bypass] button
> >> repeatedly won't led me to the "ACTIVATE PROGRAM" display! I initially
> >> thought both buttons should reach "ACTIVATE PROGRAM". I wonder this
maybe
> >> a hint.
> >
> > Probably not.  It's been a while since I programmed an MA-3000 but ISTR
> > you had to start with [Function] and then the [Function] and [Bypass]
keys
> > could be used to scroll forward and back through the menus.
> >
> > As to the other gentleman's comment about locking you out, he's partly
> > right.  The dealer can put a "Dealer" programming code in which can then
> > be changed.  But the "master" code is burned into the chip by Napco.
That