Re: Ok... I'm done - Tri-Ed has no redeeming qualitites

Funny you should mention Tri-Ed. I was just thinking about posting this
earlier. An installation crew went to pick up some parts there just
yesterday. That is NOT how it is done typically. Usually the routine is that
parts are picked up first, checked in receiving, punched in the computer as
inventory (and matched to the PO at that time), and THEN labeled for the job
and staged for the job in the shelves for that crew. Screw up happen even
then, but not that often. There was a time crunch (because one of the sales
guys has been bagging like two residential sales a day - and we don't even
do residential sales typically) so the crew went directly to Tri-Ed (with
the printed PO in hand) for an NX8V2 (and the rest of the gear necesssary
for the installation). The installation crew was handed an NX6 (but charged
for an NX8V2 anyway). Installation crews just install what they are given
and aren't used to having to check the parts list. I didn't find out about
the screw up until they came back and asked me to upload and program the
"NX6". Then the fur went flying.
Today they have to go back and get the NX8V2, uninstall the NX6 and go on
from there. Tri-Ed said "keep the NX6 for your trouble". I am sure Tri-Ed
thought they were being generous, but with the hours wasted on our end it
simply doesn't add up to JUST the cost of an NX6. Is it that hard to tell an
NX6 from an NX8 if you're a parts guy and that is all you do all day? It
must be since their excuse at Tri-Ed was "man, those GE boxes all look just
the same". All I can say is, Wow, just Wow.