Re: Wet Underground Conduit

"ABLE1" <royboynospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:_om%k.323801$4p1.185991@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi all,
>
> Any theories here (dumb question) on what is the proper cable for running
> thru conduit underground a distance of about 100'??
>
> Conduit is presently very wet and it is thought that once the water is
> sucked out it may get wet again.  Water could most likely be a few years
> of condensation.
>
> TIA
>
> Les

It depends what the circuits will be carrying, for fire alarms or 110/220VAC
I'd use THWN, I'd probably use THWN for regular alarm circuits as well. For
other circuits using  RG-59, cat 5 etc it would probably be a good idea to
use direct burial cable in the conduit, although I've seen  regular cat 5 &
RG-59 in wet conduits without any apparent problems, at least in the short
term.

http://www.mohawk-cable.com/copper-lan-cables/versalan-category-5e.html

Doug