Re: Low Battery- Ademco 5808 rf Smokes

is that rlb pulling my leg again?

"Samuel Rutherford" <BIGSKYPA@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:c49e1d54-c4cc-4b05-a1c6-169e16e02c7a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As mentioned before, I didn't install the system- a security company
installed it.  Face it- most of the guys installing these systems
might have graduated from high school and, believe it or not, might be
able to read.  But typically they have no knowledge about the
equipment's electronics.

I love playing with alarm systems and am greatly amazed at the
stupidity of installers.  Too bad if that offends you guys but stop
ripping people off with gadgets that don't work....like.....motion
detectors that aren't sensitive to pets....and aiming motion detectors
at heating devices.

Well, to put it bluntly.....ever hear of "smoke in a can" or just a
smoking paper towel?  You, didn't mention the method you use to test
detectors.  I test all of the detectors in our house once per month.
Yes, once per month.  Also....have you ever used a hair dryer to test
the heat detector elements?