Motion detectors for a scratchbuilt system

First, a blast from the past:

Wondering if any old school tech have a schematic/instruction sheet for the
controls/outputs on an old Contronic MD-45DC motion detector? There's a
thumbwheel POT on one side that appears to control sensitivity and another
sealed POT just below it that I can't determine the function of. Also, an
LED at the "top" of the board that never lights up.

Now, the meat of the message:

Any suggestions for motion sensors with controls for both sensitivity AND
latch duration? Cheap is a key factor. Numbers for outdated models I might
find on flEBay would be ideal.

This is for a scratchbuilt 12V DC motion only siren system for a remote
garage that I have no plans to install a phone line or any other amenities.
I need to tweak it carefully so the neighbor who will call me if it goes
off steady doesn't end up waking up 3 times a week for false alarms.

I plan to set a sensor near entry points that just "chirps" every time
motion is detected, very short latch delay, to warn off the idiots that
broke in once so far. Further inside, in places less likely to generate
false alarms from animals/birds, I'll set some with 60+ second latch
delays.

Thanks all

--
If you must send me an email use