Re: Need Advices

Hi Christophe

The first thing I will say to you is that I have no bias as i dont work
anymore as a technician in that business since the first of october 2007 (I
am now a union rep and dont plan on going back on the road)

so what ever I will say is totally free of any string..

The first thing for you to consider is what type of protection do you want,
and what type of erea are you living in...

If you live in a region where poeple are attacked while at home, think about
a full blown security system with contact on all windows/door and passive
infrared detector so that you can arm the system while at home, if you live
in a smooth area, or dont feel like having the system arm at night, some
pasive infrared and contact on doors will be enough.

some smoke detector will be needed too, and if you have a fire place or any
gas burning device you should also had some CO/gas detector, also some water
detector could be usefull depending on how the place is built..

on the monitoring side, for me self monitoring is not a good thing, its
totally unsafe, unreliable and wont call the police if you are at home and
someone break in..

like Mrs Campbell told you use some medium size company, or if you know
someone that had good service from a small one call them, dont ever sign a
contract on the first meeting, even if they tell you they have a tight
scedule and wont be able to do the job unless you sign right now...thats the
type of tactic low scum use...

also buy your system and dont sign for a long term contract and ask what is
the cancelling procedure..and ask them what is there politic on panel
locking and if they will charge you to unlock it at the end of the contract
if they do lock there panel ( a panel lock is something that will prevent
anyone from entering the programing mode of the panel so preventing you from
switching company) have them write the politic on the contact in case they
tell you they dont lock or they will unlock the panel for free... the
unlocking procedure is a very simple thing, and someone asking anything more
then a one hour call to unlock the panel if they cant do it by remote
programing..

i hope this will halp you, and one other thing, you use a free.fr as the
email for your reply address, if you speak french, i am from montreal and my
french is a lot better then my english....

(for Leuck... dont bother I know what you think... Roland this also apply to
you!)

Petem

discussion : 47f115c2$0$417$426a74cc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx