Re: Technician Wages

On Apr 16, 7:56=A0pm, "David" <daknut...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hello everyone. I am =A0an installation supervisor for a large midwest
> security company and I have some question.s First, are there any other
> managers or supervisors here that are having problems hiring experienced
> techs? If there are, is it due mostly to wages?
> =A0The reason I ask is I have been looking to add technicians to my staff =
but
> I am stymied by the wage scale that my company has put together. They tell=

> me that it is compaetitive but when I make an offer to a prospective tech,=

> they either decline or quite often, just don't respond. I have been hiring=

> tech assistants in hopes that someday they will become more but I need som=
> techs that can hit the ground running.
> That having been said, I am going into an operations managers meeting next=

> Tuesday and although I have compiled statistics from the Bureau of Labor a=
> well as others, I could use some real hard evidence that we are in fact no=
> competitve. What I would like to know is how long you have been in the
> busines, where you are located and what you make an hour. According to my
> bosses, we are in line with other SNA partners.
> I made a promise to the other techs when I was promoted to this posistion
> that I would not forget where I came from and would fight for them to my
> fullest capacity. I am asking for your help, not for me, but for my
> technicians and their families.
> Thank you for any help you can give me.
> David Knutsen

David,

        This sounds famillar to me, I also do the hiring for our
company and it is exremely competitive.  I have had other companies
approach my techs on jobsites and offer them more money then we can
pay.  It seems all the skilled technicians already have a job, and
there are not enogh "techs" to go around.

     How large is the company you work for?  The size of the company
seems to have a lot to do with the amount they pay their techs.

James