Re: ADT Strikes Again

"Spawnie" <newbiespawn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:3o9Lj.17942$Q52.5642@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> The story claims : "When the phone line was cut, according to the lawsuit,
> siren should have sounded.  Security expert Jeff Zwirn says the alarm
should
> have been activated instantly"

Obviously his opinion. Jeff has been out of the operational end of the
business for several years since he run his own secuirty business, here in
Florida, into the ground. Maybe it was his mother that run him into the
ground. You would have had to know the Swirn's to appreciate that comment.
> Read your contract. I would love to see where ADT states to the customer
> that cell backup unit is provided to initiate an "Instant" alarm
condition,
> or even a siren. That is just not what that piece of equipment is made
for.
> Can it be done? Sure. Is it a good idea? No.
>
> Thier so called expert makes 4 claims:
> The control panel failed.
>     Did it? If so how where the police notified?
> The Radio failed.
>     Again, if it did how where police dispatched when the phone lines
where
> cut?
> The Glassbreak Sensor failed.
>     I have no knowledge of the specifics of this case, but I would be
> willing to bet a weeks pay that this was the device that initiated the
> police response, probably after an entry delay.
> The Motion Sensors Failed.
>     Really? If the customer was home and armed the system in stay, would a
> motion normally trip or not?

I was in court, as a witness for a client, back in 1992 in a case against
Jeff Zwirn and his company, when he had one in Florida. There were several
difficiencies with the system that where intentionally made, twisted off
loops etc. One of Mr. Zwirn's defense statements, on a disconnected leg of
the phone line, which was only one pair and no RJ, was that line seizure was
not invented yet. That was the statement of a self proclaimed "expert". He
is a payed gun and don't forget that the term "expert" is given to these
types by the attorneys and accepted as so by the courts. No one is truely an
"expert" as this industry is to diverse and changes at high speed. There are
those that have more qualifications than others, however reading some books
or writing some articles hardly qualifies someone to hang a shingle as an
"expert".