Re: An Open Letter to Brinks Home Security

On Apr 4, 7:21 pm, "Mark Leuck" <m..le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "tourman" <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > I'm not even going to touch your gender specific comments regarding
> > these types of ads. I will point out however that this kind of
> > advertising using fear to sell security services is the lowest form of
> > advertising we have in our industry. I doubt that any legitimate
> > security professionals would ever resort to this kind of "lowbrow"
> > approach to selling their services. However, from ADT or Brinks, or
> > any of the other mass marketers looking only at your long term
> > contract,  it just seems to be a matter of course.
>
> You've obviously not seen the local advertisements around here
>
> > No matter how well crafted these types of ads are, this kind of
> > approach should warn any thinking consumer away from companies that
> > stoop this low.....
>
> Yea I guess it is pretty low to depict a break-in to sell burglar alarms,
> jeez Robert your hatred for the big guys knows no bounds

No Mark, my "hatred" is directed only towards companies of ANY size
that deceive the consumer; that lie to sell their services; that
distort the truth in advertising; that use high pressure sales people
(most of whom don't know their ass from a hole in the ground), all for
that almighty buck !! I don't hate big companies per se;  I use one of
the bigger ones here in Canada for my monitoring AND billing services,
and although they too do some pretty stupid things at times too
(that's just the nature of bureaucracy), they are NOT dishonest, nor
do they deceive their customers with high priced, deceptive ads.

It's just that the ADT's and the Brinks of the world do !! (and other
smaller ones too for all I know....). And yeah, you're right, it IS
"pretty low".....