Honeywell Galaxy Panels

I may need to replace my trusty old Scantronic 9100 system.

I've heard that the Honeywell Galaxy (possibly  the 3-48C) may well be the
one to go for, but I do have a number of questions:

0) The big one - is this kit installable by a reasonably competent DIYer and
electronics hacker, who also happens to be a software guy by trade, or does
it really need to be installed by an alarm company (with their darned
maintenance contracts).

1) I've got 9 zones of 4 wire sensors (6 wire to the PIRs) and a PAB.   It
appears that the Galaxy uses two wire technology.   I assume that means I
need to open up all my existing sensors and install lots of resistors to
allow tamper detection to work - is that right?

2) The existing system has a builtin loudspeaker in the panel, I assume the
Galaxy needs to have one fitted?

3) The existing system has a keypad builtin to the control panel as well as
an external keypad in another room.   I assume that I need TWO external
keypads for the Galaxy - is that right?

4) I have a external SAB (Stand-Alone-Bell) unit with a strobe.   The strobe
is driven off its own relay in the control panel (two wires), and the SAB
has four wires - +ve, -Ringing, 0V (-ve), and Tamper Return.   Can this be
driven from the Galaxy?

That's it for now ...

Cheers
Dave