Re: security system advice

On Apr 8, 11:30=EF=BF=BDpm, Nomen Nescio <nob...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You might want to look into smoke generators. =EF=BF=BD These were develop=
ed in the
> UK about ten or fifteen years ago as a way to thwart smash and grab
> burglaries. =EF=BF=BDThey fill up the area with a dense nontoxic smoke in =
a matter
> of seconds. =EF=BF=BDIf they can't see, they can't steal.
>
> Cross-zoning of initiating devices is recommended. :-) =EF=BF=BDObviously,=
 this
> system doesn't get along well with smoke detectors, and if the local fire
> department doesn't know about the system, they may conclude the building i=
> on fire.
>
> smokecloak.com is one of the original companies; there are others.

Yes, I know about them but they're also for inside and if I remember
right, they're quite costly. I just think something that gets them out
of there once or twice will end it. I don't think the customer should
pay a lot, for something like CCTV, etc,  that's only going to be used
a few times .... at the most. But it's going to be up to him. Depends
on how much of an inconvenience and cost it is for him to lose the
material.