Re: Contact ID codes

378 has many descriptions... Your explanation is the same as MAS(termind)'s
signal lookup table which is identical to the MX8000's description. SIMSII
lookup table calls it Double Knock Buffer report... Which may give you a
further clue to how the panel manufacturer is using it. If you have double
knock turned on, this makes sense. If you don't, it does not. To understand
how DSC has used this code, download the panel buffer and look at the
previous conditions that caused it.

If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say it's probably the signal that is sent
when you program double knock, but the 2nd hit doesn't come. In that case,
the panel has two choices.. Throw it away or send some kind of message that
lets you know what happened...