Re: NX8- V2 not uploading

"alarman" <nospam@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:M8xMj.11159$CO2.6174@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Russell Brill wrote:
>> It's sad, the NX-8 used to be a good panel before GE got their hands
>> on it...
>

> How did they change it? What's different?

If I remember right the original NX-8's had a large heat sink for the power
supply, I believe that's gone now. Onboard clock doesn't work very well,
sometimes the VER2 panel picks the day and time it wants to send a Test
signal. The last NX-8 I used, I programmed two motions for Cross Zone
activation, after doing that the panel decided not to send zone restorals
anymore. I believe there was a service bulletin about some programming
problems with Open/Close reports and some other feature. If you programmed
for Open/Close and something else (I can't remember, old age), it caused
something else to NOT work correctly. It sounds to me like a Firmware issue,
you know cheaper and better :-)) And finally, they're using a CHEAPER
enclosure, if you use a tamper switch, you must also use screws to hold the
panel door shut... Ughhhhhhhhhhh....... You know, just little shit to piss
off the installation guy and save GE some cash...