Re: smoke detector recommendation

carlbernardi@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if some one could recommend a few smoke detectors that
> are interconnected and are not very sensitive to thinks like steam or
> making toast.

Any photo-electric detector will do, but stay away from Kidde products.
  They're a major pain.  I find the ionization type units are really
sensitive to steam and toasters.

> Since I need the detectors to work for two dwellings I
> was hoping to find ones that work on a delay such as 30 seconds to 1
> minutes before the other detector starts to sound.

If you're talking AC smoke alarms, that's not a good idea.  As "Crash"
already stated, you want all the sounders going as soon as possible.