Re: NX591Egsm

Robert L Bass wrote:
  Existing customers will
> have months or in some cases years to replace their hardware.

months?  thats what I said in the OP.  years?  read on numbnuts.

from GE website:

"In November 2002, the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) ruled
that wireless carriers would no longer be required to support the analog
wireless (AMPS) network as of February 18, 2008. Recently, our major
carrier partners formally advised us that they intend to discontinue
their analog wireless service as of this date.
In anticipation of the discontinuance of analog networks, GE Security is
announcing our plan for conversion to digital networks. We will continue
to support analog wireless (AMPS) network service through February 18,
2008, and thereafter, only as underlying carrier support allows and
exists. By August 31, 2007, we will not accept new connections to the
analog network without a mutually agreed upon migration plan to GE
Security?s digital network services."

stick to tube tops bAss.  Its obvious you know little about alarms.

here's a link to case where alarm industry got shot down for an
extension of time for analog sunset.

http://www.gesecurity.com/GESecurity/images/FCC-07-103A1%20Reaffirms%20Analog%20Sunset_Denies%20ADT%20Petition1.pdf

so much for rlbs YEARS to swap equipment blathering!