Re: Camera heater needed in NJ?

"DeanB" <deanbrown3d@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello all - do I need a camera heater for the Panasonic NP1004
> camera in the winter - specs are ambient temp = -10 to +50 C (14 to
> 122 F)? The thing gets pretty hot and it will be boxed in a
> (POH1500HB) outdoor housing. I've seen 6 F here quite regularly on
> a really cold day.

Winter temperatures in NJ do occasionally drop below 14ºF.  The
lowest recorded temperature there was -34ºF.  Definitely include the
heater.

The highest temperature ever recorded in NJ was 110ºF.  However,
inside a housing with the sun beating down it can be much hotter than
air temperature.  Instead of a blower, you might consider installing
a sun shield.  They're usually enough protection for use in Middle
Atlantic and New England states.

BTW, one winter day when I was a child the weather forecast for NJ
was for light snow flurries.  The "flurries" came alright -- 37
inches deep.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass