Re: Looking for Canadian Supplier of SLA Batteries

Robert L Bass wrote:
>> I need around a dozen of NP18-12 type (12V 18Ah) batteries.  Any
>> recommendations for Canadian suppliers (Vancouver even better)?
>
> BTW, dealer cost on those batteries runs about $70-75, depending on how
> much the dealer buys.

That tells me you don't buy many.  I haven't seen pricing like that on
an 18AH battery since I saw one *installed*.

> If you have enough room in the cabinet you can
> get slightly better reserve power at a lower cost by wiring three
> UT-1270 (12 Volts x 7 Amp Hours) batteries in parallel.  ADI currently
> sells those for less than $10 each.

Ahhhahahahahahahahahaha!  The guy needs twelve 18AH batteries...  Using
your "solution" would require thirty-six 7AH batteries and a "jungle" of
wire...  What a maroon!!

> One of our distributors said last week that prices on Yuasa and ELK
> Products batteries are about to go up between 10% and 20%.

Isn't "Yuasa" now "Enersys"?  I guess you missed that email.  I'd
suggest you buy from the "other" distributor of yours.

> AFAIK,
> there's been no word of a change from Ultratech though.

That's because the distributor that handles them in your neck of the
woods is already goug- errrmmm - charging you "bottom feeder" pricing.