Re: Looking for Canadian Supplier of SLA Batteries

Robert L Bass wrote:
>> I need around a dozen of NP18-12 type (12V 18Ah) batteries.  Any
>> recommendations for Canadian suppliers (Vancouver even better)?
>
> Try Burtek at 4185 Dawson St in Burnaby.  The phone is 604-299-5776. The
> sign on the door may say ADI by now though.

And they're a tad on the expensive side on the bigger SLA's.

> Tri-Ed also has an office
> at 3006 Beta Ave. in Burnaby.

They sell "DSC" batteries.  Rebadged super cheap (read crappy) batteries
(and I haven't seen anything larger than a 12v7AH on the shelf lately).

> If neither
> of those will sell to you (they're not supposed to but they do it all
> the time if none of their regular customers are in the store) try
> Anixter at 18371 Blundell Road in Richmond.  The phone is 604-276-0366.

Their primary market is wire and cable (and they're expensive there
too).  They're on a par with Burtek/ADI when it comes to battery
pricing.  Stick to the environs around Sarasota, Bass.  Here, you're
just a big fish out of water.

Note to Matt:  Tevelec has some of the best pricing on quad, and Cat 5
that I've seen for awhile.