Re: PIRs for house with ceiling heating & cooling vents and "pets"!

On Oct 26, 9:08 pm, "Mark Leuck" <m..le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "alarman" <thatsallfol...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > Roland Moore wrote:
> > >I have said and will say again that the Bosch TriTech units would be far
> > >better detectors for you to have.
>
> > I used to use those when they were Detection Systems. They were not so
> hot.
> > I am still replacing units with inoperative microwave components. DS knew
> > about it, and shipped them anyway. We're done.
> > js
>
> The DS835 with the flashing LED?
>
> Mr Campbell loves that one :)

RHC: Detection Systems for a long time shipped units out to the field
with faulty microwave components AND THEY KNEW ABOUT IT...turned me
right off !! However, the company was bought out by Bosch as I
remember, and the new Bosch combination PIR and microwave units are
splendid devices. As my standard motion, I have been using the Paradox
DG 75 units, but lately, I have had a number of unexplainable failures
which in several cases has caused me to eat false alarm fees. Near as
I can tell, they either had a bad run of units, or perhaps they have
shifted their production to China with the resulting cheapening of
product quality...dunno. Mind you, I still use them in large
quantities and I remain happy with them overall.

DSC motions I won't touch at all....far too cheap and far too "hot"
with a propensity to false alarm too easily given any environmental
oddity....IMO.