Re: PIRs for house with ceiling heating & cooling vents and "pets"!

>However, the guy I spoke to is trying to get me to >accept that this is the
way it is, and that I should never >ever let my heating come on when the
alarms are armed.

That has to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. However
I want to say this guy must have a pretty large pair to say that to you, as
a customer of his. Certainly you should not have to worry about normal
residential heating and cooling issues with a modern, properly installed
motion detector. Now if you have a blast furnace and are smelting steel,
then there could be a real problem. Short of that extreme he needs to fix
the problem. It is not that unusual to have motion detections issues on a
new installation. Those problems are easily taken care of most of the time
with a single return visit. I have nothing good to say about the DSC motion
detectors you've purchased. I have said and will say again that the Bosch
TriTech units would be far better detectors for you to have.