Re: More Brinks stuff for sale.

Roland Moore wrote:
>> someone at Brinks is going to start asking some hard questions.
>
> Someone at Brinks should have asked questions a long time ago. An otherwise
> erudite attorney is lurking in an obscure alarm newsgroup for fodder for his
> case? How ridiculous! If any group of folks are more regulated in this state
> I can't imagine who they'd be. If he needs to find out who is hurting
> Brink's interests by doing something illegal, I am obligated by the rules
> all are licensed under to help him if asked. And what "trade secrets" could
> ultimately be so worthwhile to Brinks to pursue this mess? I realize, and
> Brinks does too, the low skill level of their employees. That is the way
> they want them and pay them. My hat is off to Brinks for their success in
> the market place to date. However, for those of us that don't work with
> three doors and a motion for a living, just what is to be gained by this
> expensive legal pursuit? Brinks' business model (along with ADT and others)
> has made their target customers too unprofitable for many independent
> dealers to court. There is a whole other world of security that most of us
> have moved on to. Brinks is welcome to their customer base and their
> equipment. When that customer is sick of Brinks, he'll come to us on his
> own. What Jim does (or doesn't do) simply can't influence that process one
> way or another.

I couldn't agree with you more.  Jim has NEVER offered to rent the
programmers to anyone that ISN'T in the trade.  I, for one, simply can't
understand why someone would even consider taking over a Brinks system.
  The keypad looks like crap.  It would be a service headache because
you'd need the programmer anytime you wanted to make changes.  You can't
download the sucker because you'd need the "Brinks software personality"
to make the Compass program work.  And then (most likely) the you
wouldn't be able to program the communication fields anyway.  Rip the
crap out and replace it with a *real* alarm system.