Re: Race to Zero

On Oct 24, 6:25 pm, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "tourman" <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > I'm beginning to think it's time I retired...
>
> I thought you did.  Don't you play snowbird these days wintering in sunny
> Fla?

RHC: No not quite yet...semi retired is more like it ! Still running
the business, doing some of the service work, and (like today)
assisting my son doing installations. More and more though, I resent
time spent on the business that keeps me away from the shooting range,
or that doesn't allow me out on my Nomad to cruise the country roads
on the nice days remaining. But, yes, come January, it's off to
Florida for three months with the bike in tow. And this year, I have
all the permits to allow me to take my IPSC guns down south to shoot
in a couple of the National Matches in Florida (really looking forward
to shooting with the local clubs in Florida and Alabama this year)

I've also found a home down near Tampa that I might actually purchase
since it's been on the market for over a year and is a true bargain
especially with our Canadian dollar being worth $1.03 US.  But things
are a bit up in the air right now since my mother is 90 years old and
dying of cancer so who knows what's going to happen there (and
when...)

But I have to admit, that huge monitoring cheque each month is still
an alluring siren's song (even though most of it belongs to the
fuck**g government....:(((...)