Re: Race to Zero

On Oct 23, 11:01 pm, "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> True, but I explained it all to them, including what their contract meant.
> It's amazing how dumb "professionals" can be about business.
>
> --
> Crash Gordon
> -------ouch------
>
> <I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe>"Frank Olson" <use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
> news:UExTi.134076$th2.62806@xxxxxxxxxxxx| alarman wrote:

> | > You win. Believe me.
> | >

> | No.  The customer loses.  Long term contract.  Exorbitant service rates.
> |  Abysmal support.  And all of this packaged very nicely with inferior
> | equipment.

RHC: Crash, I've been in this business for some 15 years now, and when
I first got in it, I was immediately appalled by the mass marketers
and their marketing approach. So I went so far as to put up a website
to try to educate consumers looking for information on how to shop
properly for an alarm system. However, in the ensuing years, I have
never ceased to be amazed at the pure stupidity of a large percentage
of the alarm buying public, and how they buy into the idiocy
perpetrated by a lot of these large money hungry companies. I have
finally come to the conclusion that anyone who gets themselves into a
pickle with either a cheap system, or a contractual obligation that is
grossly unfair, deserves everything they get - period ! Stupidity is
its own reward.

And I'm continually amazed by the piss poor quality of a lot of
installations put in by both large and small companies. My mind
boggles every time I get a call from an installer from some small
company or other, asking me how to do a takeover of a panel he knows
absolutely nothing about (it doesn't seem to even occur to them, they
shouldn't be doing a takeover on a panel they don't know shit about),
or as happened today, such a simple question as how to turn the zone
lights off on a DSC 632 when not using EOL resistors...%$$%#%^.....how
fucking stupid can they get...RTFM. And these guys are selling alarm
systems...??????

I guess I'm getting old and cranky, but I just don't let myself get
quite as upset anymore as I used to.....except when I see scam artists
like Alarm Force actually selling their junk to supposedly intelligent
people, it still totally blows my mind, and I realize that I have
finally lost all faith in the inherent intelligence of the average
consumer.....

I'm beginning to think it's time I retired...

RHC