Re: problem with dsc 1616 power keypad

Hi Frank

> All DSC products need to have the clock set when you first power them
> up.  Enter *6, then your four digit master code, then 1, then the time
> (in 24 hour format) hh/mm then the date mm/dd/yy then "#" twice.

thanks for the reply - yeah, I should have mentioned that I tried that
already.

I press

* 6 1234 1 1212 121207 # #

there's no beeps, no change in display, no acknowledgement at all, no
change to the keypad showing the little program symbol on the left

If I go

hold # (3 short beeps, light goes on, programming symbol goes away)
* 6 1234 1 1212 121207 # #

then it beeps once somewhere during that sequence - light goes off,
programming symbol appears again.

I still get nothing - the keypad keeps on only showing the little prog
system left

I fear there's something not right with the keypad. Any way to hard-
reset it (tried the console as mentioned already)?

Cheers and Thanks for trying
Nils