Re: Shorten AC power cord???????

Smitty Two <prestwhich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote...

> In article <jN2dnT7pe_WeO9TbnZ2dnUVZ_h2pnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> "Colbyt" <colbyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I have a fairly new window AC with a GFIC shielded power cord made
>> by Tower Mfg.  part number 30386-0-LCDI..  I would really like to
>> shorten the cord as it dangles where I don't want it to dangle.  The
>> connection at the control unit is a molded plug and it can not be
>> shortened there.
>>
>> The plug end is two piece molded and secured with screws, one of
>> which is a security screw or I would have taken it apart already -:)
>> for a look.
>>
>> Anyone have any experience with these?  Can they be shortened?  Are
>> the wires connected to the blades with a crimp or a solder?  I can
>> do either if I have to.  I just hate to spend the time to find or
>> make the security screwdriver to find out that it won't work.
>>

>> Colbyt
>
> Any power cord can be shortened by cutting out a section of it and
> splicing each of the conductors back together.

BWAHAHAHAHAAHA! You utter fucking idiot. He'll end up with a fucking mess of
electrical tape on his hands that'll look worse than the fucking dangly bit
he wants to get rid of.

> Standard disclaimer for
> electrical stuff applies: If you're not sure of your ability to do
> this well, then don't do it at all.

You fucking wombat.

--
alt.usenet.kooks
Hamlet, Act 3, Scene 1 [129]

Official Member:
    Cabal Obsidian Order COOSN-124-07-06660
    Usenet Ruiner Lits
    Top Assholes on the Net Lits
    Most hated usenetizens of all time Lits
    AUK psychos and felons Lits
    #2 Cog in the Usenet Hate Machine Lits

"Now I know what it is. Now I know what it means when an
alt.usenet.kook x-post shows up."
AOK in news:ermdlu$nli$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gai. Yat-zeu.