Re: Brinks To Pay Fine For Emissions Violations

>> We as a country should follow Brazil's example. I heard it is
>> illegal to purchase any gasoline powered vehicle there now. Brazil
>> now uses 100 percent biodiesel and ethanol powered vehicles.
>
> Brazil is only able to do that through massive government financing
> and the fact it is far easier to get ethanol from sugar cane than
> it is from corn

Whereas the US government gives massive monetary saupport to
agri-business, much of it going to corn producers.  One problem in
deriving ethanol from corn is that corn prices are artificially
inflated.

> There isn't enough farmland to produce enough ethanol for the US
> much less the rest of the world

There is enough sugar cane in Brazil and other tropical countries to
provide ethanol for the much of the US needs.  It is kept out of the
USA by high duty fees which agribusiness lobbiests sought to keep
away competition for the US' sugar market.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics