Re: Brinkley's at it again

If the realtor is acting as an agent for Brinks Home Security, simply
contact your state's contractors licensing board and see if the Realtor
has a license to also do alarm sales. If not, report it as unlicensed
activity on the part of the realtor.

Brinks may be violating state law by hiring realtors not license or
properly registered as a alarm sales agents. It's one thing to place a
door hanger on the outside of the house. But by placing a Brinks label
on any equipment that may or maynot be leased, is in direct violation of
your protective service agreement. The realtor nor Brinks has any idea
if the installed equipment is leased of not. You may have grounds for
tortuous interference if the customer did not completely fulfill the
terms of your contract.

In Florida, even a licensed electrical contractor must also carry an
statewide EF or EG alarm license in order to do any work to any burglar
or fire alarm system. All alarm companies must have employees,
salespeople, or agents that are required to be registered, background
checked, fingerprinted, and a 60 hour training class under their belt
before they can do any door to door sales.

Jim Rojas