Re: Range of keyfob

On Nov 3, 9:14 am, "Nick Markowitz Jr." <nick-markow...@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> avarage fob can get upto 10 meters or more if there are no obstructions 3
> meters if problems"Wim J" <nos...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> >I am considering a wireless alarmsystem for my home.
> > At this moment I am in the process of designing my
> > system based on the Visonic Powermax Pro.
> > (That will be on the market soon)
> > I want to operate my system with keyfobs.
> > I prefer not to use delayed zones in my house,
> > so I want to use the keyfob when I am outside
> > my home to arm and disarm the system.
>
> > Can anyone tell something about the range
> > of keyfobs? Will it work for disarm and arm
> > when outside? Total distance between fob and centrale
> > will be 5-8 meter, depending on location where I
> > put system. No concrete wall between fob and system.
>
> > Wim
>
> > P.S. The keyfob I have in mind is the MCT-237. Thats
> > a two-way keyfob which will display status results
> > from system, so feedback about successfull arming
> > is present.

I've used Napco wireless keyfobs successfully at distance up to about
50' from the front of the home.  Whenever we used wireless, which
wasn't all that often since I prefer hard-wired, I would usually
install the receiver above the door inside a first floor coat closet.
I've used Napco's 2-way universal (works with *most* brands) keyfobs
with similar results.  Obviously, performance is going to vary with
the type of construction and other factors such as obstructions.  But
IME 50' is a reasonable expectation in recent construction, barring
obstructions like major appliances or whatever.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass