Range of keyfob

I am considering a wireless alarmsystem for my home.
At this moment I am in the process of designing my
system based on the Visonic Powermax Pro.
(That will be on the market soon)
I want to operate my system with keyfobs.
I prefer not to use delayed zones in my house,
so I want to use the keyfob when I am outside
my home to arm and disarm the system.

Can anyone tell something about the range
of keyfobs? Will it work for disarm and arm
when outside? Total distance between fob and centrale
will be 5-8 meter, depending on location where I
put system. No concrete wall between fob and system.

Wim

P.S. The keyfob I have in mind is the MCT-237. Thats
a two-way keyfob which will display status results
from system, so feedback about successfull arming
is present.