Re: The latest Brinkle in my life

Russell Brill wrote:
> "Frank Olson" <use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Frank Olson wrote:
>>> After more than a few rounds of email ping pong, my hosting provider
>>> (Mecca ehosting.ca) has decided that the latest revision of "Tech Help!"
>>> which I'm currently hosting at
>>> http://wwww.yoursecuritysource.com/faqs.htm is far too "controversial"
>>> for them.  They have given me twenty-four hours to remove it, or they'll
>>> cancel my account.  I find it interesting that they are still unable to
>>> point out where I've violated their terms of service other than
>>> referencing Mr. Sableman's letter which also doesn't provide much in the
>>> way of information (although it is cleverly worded to "push" all the
>>> right "buttons").
>>

>> Whoops!  Too many "w's".  That should read
>> http://www.yoursecuritysource.com/faqs.htm.
>
> Frank... Your hosting service provider doesn't have any backbone
> whatsoever...

Jim's "panicked" at first too.

I think I'd start looking for someone else to host my site...

I figure it's a bit "early" in the game to start looking.  Mecca has my
answer and they'll no doubt chew it over now.  I don't want to get into
a game of "whack-a-mole (or website tag)" with Sableman.  Here's their
email to me earlier:

> Hello Frank Olson,
>
> After speaking with our legal council, we are advise to have the material Tech-Help Release 11/2007 By Jim Rojas at Tech-Man.com be taken down immediately.  At this time we will provide you a 24 hour period to have the subject remove or the hosting account will be suspended.  Until the legal action has be resolve, we kindly ask you to remove Tech-Help Release 11/2007 By Jim Rojas at Tech-Man.com until further notice
>
> Please be advice that if you wish to cancel your hosting service with us, we will be willing to refund the portion of the service that was not use back to you.

And here's my response: