Re: C&K 238 - battery change problem...

On May 7, 10:12 am, "\"Fat Tony\" D'Amico" <n...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> koutatelazzo wrote:
> >What is the problem? Is the battery recharging or should I have
> >charged it before inserting in my alarm? Why the alarm sounded?
>
> That makes no sense.  Power cycle the whole thing, remove the batt.
> and AC power (unplug the transformer) then apply AC then batt. again
> to reboot it.
>
> Is there a tamper switch on the enclosure?

Yes, there is a tamper switch, either on the enclosure and on the
internal siren - I opened both and no alarm sounded.
The alarm sounded when I "tamper" with the negative pole of the
battery. Now I fear the the alarm will sound if I remove the
battery...excluding the zone named "Tamper" may allow me remove the
battery?

Anyway, I will remove the battery, power down my supply meter, then
reconnect the supply meter and reinstall the battery, hoping no alarm
will sound during battery installation and removal...for sure the
external siren will sound during AC power disconnection (any
suggestion for this "problem"? entering an "installation code"?).

Thank you very much for the help!

Bye,

Andrea