Re: Tela-Link Radio's

$16336$88260bb3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> =A0 =A0 I've got a bunch of TG-4s in the field. =A0Good stuff. =A0I've go=
t one ap where that TG-9 might come in handy. Most other older installs wil=
l get replaced with TG-4s in the next couple months. =A0

> =A0 =A0 Bob, I have a TG-7 installed recently that keeps tripping the ST =
output for no cell service. I had a great signal when installed, like 4 1/2=
 leds. Looking at the log shows it happens several times a day and usually =
restores right away. Tech support said to move the antenna, and I did that =
but to no avail. The signal strength is still excellent, although the first=
 time I responded to the trouble the unit showed complete loss of cell sign=
al. No moving of the antennal would show any improvement, and I had to powe=
r cycle the unit to get it working again. As soon as I did this, it showed =
4 1/2 leds again. Still logging NSC several times a day. What do you think?

> =A0 =A0 js
>
> =A0 =A0 Sounds like a flaky unit to me. =A0I have not had a bad one yet, =
but its bound to happen sooner or later. =A0My other thought might be somet=
hing is causing massive interferrence several times a day in that area or m=
aybe just in that shop. =A0

> =A0 =A0 I know, the automatic coffeee machine is storing the old coffee c=
ans on the antenna. =A0

> =A0 =A0 --
> =A0 =A0 Bob La Londe
> =A0 =A0 Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River
> =A0 =A0 Fishing Forums & Contests
> =A0 =A0http://www.YumaBassMan.com

I had an Alarmnet unit a couple of years ago that was doing the same
thing.
Set up with all LEDs field strenghts.
I bought the antenna with the long lead on it and put it up in the
attic as far as it would go and the problem went away. Just something
to do with the area, I guess. Only thing I could couple it with is
that it was near a school and the problems occured between 2:00pm and
5:pm, not every day. But not on weekends.

I figured it was probably magic or 1000 IPODs and cell phones, all
operating at the same time.