Re: Federal Policy Changes

\"Fat Tony\" D'Amico <none@xxxxxxxxx> Thou pus-filled wild heart. Thou
errant ill singer. Ye salivated:

> garrett.rahm@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> UPDATE:
>>
>> I just contacted the support desk of the ISP, the letter I got from
>> them in the mail is legitimate. As it turns out, the tech replied as
>> follows:
>>
>> Dear User:
>>
>> The update that needs to be performed is part of a Federal Government
>> compliance that requires everyone to be on a username and password
>> based Internet also known as (PPPoE).  Basically, if you are
>> performing illegal activities via the Internet and James Valley
>> Telecommunications was to get subpoena by the government we would
>> have an easier way of tracking you.  If this update is not
>> performed, your Internet service will be impaired.
>>

> That is bullshit.

Ya reckon, Graham the k0oK? Look up CALEA 1994.

> DSL providers are switching away from PPPoE, opting
> instead for a MAC address authentication with DHCP.

That is bullshit.

> Tell them you work during the day - but you are available Sundays
> between 6-7AM.  Also, ask them to cite the USC code they are referring
> to, they won't be able to.

That is bullshit.

Sucks to be you, hey, Graham.

--
alt.usenet.kooks
Hamlet, Act 3, Scene 1 [129]

Official Member:
    Cabal Obsidian Order COOSN-124-07-06660
    Usenet Ruiner Lits
    Top Assholes on the Net Lits
    Most hated usenetizens of all time Lits

"Now I know what it is. Now I know what it means when an
alt.usenet.kook x-post shows up."
AOK in news:ermdlu$nli$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yebem te u dupe.