Re: CP-01

CP-01 is really nothing new...they just gave it a shiny name.

I have used 15 second dialer delay, abort, cancel, on all accounts since
the 1980's, and tell my customers what to expect...once they understand
why the delay, then they seem more relaxed about it.

ADT goes as far as programming 30 second dialer delay, and making all
zones entry exit...That is a bit much for my tastes.

It's like 911...Everytime the CS calls the customer to validate an
obvious cancel signal, that operator could have responded faster to an
actual alarm. Let's face it...time is money. The more your customers
want to get called, the more money the CS will want for each of your
nuisance accounts.

I also removed AC power failure reporting, but I still do low panel
battery...removed transmitter low battery because of those customers to
lazy to replace the transmitter batteries themselves.

I do monthly test signals on all residential accounts. For commercial
accounts, it depends on their risk. Sandwich shop or pizza store gets a
weekly test, gas station or computer store gets a daily test, with a GSM
or IP backup.

I enable open/close in all commercial accounts that have event buffers,
and pull up all activity when a problem arises.

Jim Rojas