Re: Dammit.. How to get 2 zones and power from a 4-conductor

Nelson Muntz wrote:
> I know.  But the problem is how to hook up the tampers at the panel
> end, since I can not just series all 5 with only one "high" coming
> back.  I only have one extra zone.

Add a zone expander. The customer wants something extra, shouldn't he pay
for it?

>> Alternatively if the panel supports DEOL  then use DEOL and have the
>> tamper circuit open the zone completely,
>
> What is DEOL?

Double end of line resistor configuration allows you to monitor the alarm
contact as well as the integrity of the wiring (tamper and fault) with a
single pair of wires. DSC panels have the option, not sure about Ademco.
js