Re: What if a burglar breaks in and short out the wire on my keypad

> I have always wondered what would
> happen if someone were to break in
> to my business and rip the keypad
> off the wall and short the wires together.
> Would,nt that disable the alarm system?

It depends on the make of the alarm system.
Napco has separate fuses for the keypads,
sirens and auxiliary (motion detector power,
etc.).  Shorting the keypad wires will only
make the keypads inoperable.  The siren
will still sound and the dialer will still send
out the alarm.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass