Re: Advice on wireless alarm for apartment

On Mar 15, 9:48=EF=BF=BDam, "cam35pilot" <cam35pi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Jim,
> =A0 =A0He's a MS certified network engineer, so I'm sure that he can
> handle it. He said he's going to buy the GE Simon 3, after doing some
> internet research.
> Best,
> Rich

Rich, I'm going by experience here, so don't take offense. I don't
know if you have a techinical background or not but it's usually the
hands on technical guy who can do this sort of thing with out much
help. As much as you might think your engineer friend might know about
networks and things of that nature, unfortunately they usually fall
into the same category as electricians who've never installed an alarm
system, but think they can because they know about wires and
electrical circuits.

He's chosen one of the cheapest, least capable systems available. On
the good side, he's probably chosen something that he's capable of
installing, with some help. You see, most people who want to install
their own systems think that the instructions are going to be written
in detail from A to Z. They are not.
They are written with the intention of the system being installed by
people with experience in the technicalities and the knowledge of the
jargon and nomenclature of the installation trade .... not to mention
the peculiarities specific to each manufacturer.

Good luck.