Re: Advice on wireless alarm for apartment

On Mar 14, 8:33=EF=BF=BDam, cam35pi...@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
> =A0 =A0 A friend of mine is looking for a decent alarm for his apartment.
> I checked on the 'net and see a Motorola at Radio Shack, and he has
> heard about ITI and Visonic. Can someone give a good recommendation?
> He wants an alarm with some kind of reporting, that will call him on
> his cell if it's activated, and also has a decent web-cam for
> monitoring/recording.
> =A0 =A0Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Rich

Don't use Rat Shack equipment for anything. If he's going to install
it himself, he/you should go on line to some of the DIY suppliers and
see what they offer. Most of the people here are installers. We can
give you some advice but you'll have to get the nitty gritty from
whomever you buy your equipment from. There are a few good, relatively
inexpensive systems that are fairly easy to install. But most are
manufactured for professional installation. That's why, if you're
planing on doing it yourself, you should contact some of the various
suppliers to see which will offer you the best asstance.